new motor no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new motor no start

installed new 717 from sbt and it ran when i cranked it at first (after i cleaned plug connector at mag and had spark). It seems to have both fuel and spark but will not fire up.Does anyone have an idea what might have gone wrong? I replaced plugs and the fuel is new 32:1 mix no oil pump.

About the only thing fairly common is to have the brass gear strip, if your valve or cover is at all damaged. Very that it is still in time. Does it start at all if you put fuel right down the spark plug holes?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

No it does not pop at all tried gas down carb

Comment

also cleaned plugs and put teaspoon of gas in sparkplug holes not evean a pop.

Comment

Then pull off your intake manifold and cover to verify your brass gear hasn't stripped.

Comment

It will do that if your needles & seats are leaking & flooding the engine with gas.
            when you added fuel in the cylinders & carb...it just made it worse.
            Turn off the gas, remove fuel line & try to start with the throttle held wide open.
            If it starts & smokes like hell...you found your problem.
            I only know this by experience! went thru the same thing....

Comment

motor ok checked timing and all works well there. found weak spark and cleaned fuse ends of corrosion in controll box. this fixed starting problem but motor quits for lack of fuel and will not hold fuel in line. suspect it may be air leak or the spring i used in rebuild of carbs may be to strong. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Comment

So in your first post when you said it had spark - it didn't?

Make sure you don't have the fuel lines switched at the carbs.

Comment

motor runs great, I had chcked the pulse line and did not hookm up both ends DAAAAAA thanks for the help mabe you should include a stuped repelent in each kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X