1997 Sea Doo XP 787 dual carbs spring gram question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Sea Doo XP 787 dual carbs spring gram question

I just ordered a carburetor rebuild kit from SBT earlier this month, everything went smooth and everything is 1,000 times cleaner in the carburetor now. One problem I am having now that I didn't have before is that it is harder to start in the water. It takes a lot of pumping and cranking to start it, then it runs fine. Usually 30-60 seconds to start it. I'm wondering if you guys might have sent me the wrong spring in the kit? I don't remember what spring I took out :/ because I was just replacing everything. I just opened the carbs back up and I have two different springs installed they both look silver but one is longer than the other, the manual shows 4 different springs for this jet ski how do I know which one is the proper spring? Can you guys send me the right springs? I threw my old ones out and I wish I didn't. I live in orlando I almost wanted to drive down and show you but it is a bit of a drive for some little springs.

Order 121070
    Thank you for your order. Please keep this invoice for your records.

Sea-Doo SBN Mikuni series Carb Rebuild Kit 2 $34.95 $69.90
    Shipping: FedEx Ground Home Delivery $9.20
    Sales Tax $4.89
    Total $83.99

Re: 1997 Sea Doo XP 787 dual carbs spring gram question

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131027_144627.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	898.3 KB
ID:	254173

Here is a photo I took of the springs I just took out. I didn't notice they were different when I rebuilt the carburetors since I did them one at a time. I don't know what I need but I am assuming they aren't supposed to be different?

Comment

Re: 1997 Sea Doo XP 787 dual carbs spring gram question

Each kit comes with 2 springs, 1 is 115 gram and 1 is 65 gram spring, You should have used the original spring unless you have a pop-off pressure tester to test pop-off when installing the new springs. The sea-doo book recommends 28 to 48 for pop-off for your ski, I know this range is rather large and hard in water starting could be from too high of pressure, so you would want to see what your current pressure is now and adjust from there. lower pressure closer to 28, maybe up to 35 will more than likely be good for you. See what your pressure is now then contact watercraft superstore for the correct spring size.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X