XP motor interchanges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP motor interchanges?

I have a 91 XP that I really love how it handles, it is one of my favorite skis to ride but it could be a bit faster.
    I have a 96 XP which I really love the speed but not really keen on how it handles, kinda tippy and too much water in your face when making sharp turns.
    So I spend half of the weekend riding the 91 and the other half riding the 96.
    I also have a 93 XP that handles like the 96 but way slower.
    I would love to put the 657 motor from the 93 XP into the 91 XP or better yet a 720 motor into the 91XP.
    Has anyone done this? Is there some kind of info on what motor can be interchanged with hulls?

Re: XP motor interchanges?

Originally posted by chickenchippie View Post
    I have a 91 XP that I really love how it handles, it is one of my favorite skis to ride but it could be a bit faster.
    I have a 96 XP which I really love the speed but not really keen on how it handles, kinda tippy and too much water in your face when making sharp turns.
    So I spend half of the weekend riding the 91 and the other half riding the 96.
    I also have a 93 XP that handles like the 96 but way slower.
    I would love to put the 657 motor from the 93 XP into the 91 XP or better yet a 720 motor into the 91XP.
    Has anyone done this? Is there some kind of info on what motor can be interchanged with hulls?
    I have not done your specific swap. But I have replaced a 657x with a 717. I'll assume youll bring what you need from the donor(e.g., EMM, Ehaust pipe, carbs). Otherwise, the things to consider are:
    Motor mounts (will the new engine fit)
    Length of the block (for driveshaft fit)
    pump and impeller (the impeller will likely be different)

My gut says its probably doable. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X