96 GTX new Enging wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GTX new Enging wont start

I have two 96 GTX's. I have one that starts and runs like a dream. The other one I just put in a new motor from SBT.
    After installing the engine and hooking everything up, I excitedly put in my new battery and anticipated hearing the engine come to life for the first time. Inserted the lanyard and nothing..
    I checked every connection, every ground to no avail. In major frustration, I did the major task of removing the rear electrical box and MPEM from the identical ski that starts every time and put it in the ski with the new engine. After everything was hooked up I put the lanyard on from the other ski, and again nothing. No lights, no beeps, nothing at all. I pressed the start button 5 times, nothing.

I have also changed the wiring harness from the electrical box to the MPEM from the "good" ski thinking that may be it. I am running out of ideas... I have cleaned / sanded every ground terminal and connection. Checked every fuse, I even put the MPEM and rear electrical boxes back to the original locations, and the same ski still starts. Swapped them back and nothing on ski with new motor.

I am perplexed at what could be wrong. I take a perfectly working electrical box and MPEM from one ski and put it on an identical ski and get nothing. Please any help in solving this mystery would be great.
    Mitch in NC

Re: 96 GTX new Enging wont start

Disregard this post... seems the simplest solutions should be checked first. Turned out to be bad battery to solenoid connector. Starts like a champ now.

Comment

Working...
    X