Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump

I know that there have been several questions about oil pumps on here, but I am still not quite sure about what to do with mine. I have a 98 GSXL that has blown three times. (Two under warranty.) The dealer said the oil pump was pumping, but I believe that it doesn't pump at high rpm because all three times it blew while wide open. Also in comparision to the 97 GTX I have, the 98 has use 1/4 of a tank of oil compared to the two tanks of oil the 97 used. (Around 5 tanks of gas.) I told the dealer that I wasn't sure that the oil pump was pumping. He said that I could pre-mix a pint of oil per tank, and replace the oil pump when I winterized it if I thought that was what was wrong. I am mechanically challenged so I would like someone's opinion on this. Should I pre-mix? replace the pump? find a new mechanic? (only sea-doo mechanic around) Any help is appreciated.

Very few dealers can accurately chek the pumps at WOT speeds. Some may flow correctly at lower drill speeds, but not fully near 7000 RPM. If you saw oil related failures, I would replace the pump or go pre-mix.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the information. What ratio of oil to gas should I use?

Comment

40:1
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X