new sbt customer/ install 720 97 gti water flow issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new sbt customer/ install 720 97 gti water flow issue

hi first time customer on purchasing a 720 from you guys. Got the engine installed and running, however when i run the ski on the hose im getting no flow through the "pisser" unlike my original engine witch had a good stream.. i can remove the line and suck water out of it with my mouth along with some air . the exhaust is dumping a good amount of water as well as the jet pump.

on the head itself i have the jet pump flush going into the engine (arrow pointing in) and the other hose going out. i have the tell tail line connected properly at the bottom of the exhaust manifold.

NOW the rubber hose on the other side of the valve cover going into the exhaust i feel no water through this and i confirmed by hooking a clear hose to it and no water flows out. IS THIS NORMAL???

is there some sort of bleed procedure? am i dealing with trapped air? also when i give the engine a quick rev with the original engine i would get a good gush of water out the exhaust, the new engine isnt doing the same from what i saw.. i may need to take another look lol.

All in all im pleaased with sbt. just need some clarification on this cooling flow issue before im confident enough to goto the water.

thanks in advance and salute

Re: new sbt customer/ install 720 97 gti water flow issue

Hi McCool: My 95 jetboat w/717 engine requires I pinch a hose to flush the motor. If you have a hose connector to flush the motor, trace that back to where it connects into the water lines. If I don't use the hose pincher, the flush water drains out the back and not through the head/jugs. It shows that hose pincher in the service manual.

Comment

Re: new sbt customer/ install 720 97 gti water flow issue

i see what your saying. im going to look into it. thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X