95 SPX Starving for fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 SPX Starving for fuel?

last night i was riding and it just stalled. I could restart it very easily but it would only idle, if I tried to accelerate at all it would stall.
    I am a short time sea doo owner and any help is much appreciated.

TIA
    Don

Well, first look over all your fuel lines, and go throug them checking for clogs - make sure the filter isn't filled with debris or water, and the on/off switch is working and clear. Beyond that you need to make sure all your carb linkages and cables are routed correctly - make sure the choke isn't stuck closed or anything. Make sure no lines have fallen off, etc. Other than that you need to take the carbs off and tear them down for a rebuild to check them out.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Also, what are the circumstances of the 'stall'? How fast were you going, did it stop suddenly or gradually lose RPM etc.? Take a compression check.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

My daughter was actually riding it at the time and she was going about 1/3 throttle and it slowly slowed down, then stalled. The motor has about 4 hours on it since a rebuild and it has ran just awesome so i know all is well compression wise. It sat for about 3 years in the woods after the motor blew the first time so i am guessing there is a fuel supply problem (clog) because i just threw some gas in and went. this was the lowest i had ran it in fuel or actually the first time it needed fuel since it has been running, so i will look at all the fuel supply lines and filters. thanks agian

Comment

Did see put it in the reserve position when the fuel level got low?
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X