Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

03 GTX 155..Used head and cam from an 06..runs a little rough stalls at idle 6500max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 GTX 155..Used head and cam from an 06..runs a little rough stalls at idle 6500max

Bought the ski non running with a dropped valve....fortunately the valve lodged in the valve seat and did not bounce around in the cylinder and damage the cylinder wall. I replaced the piston, rod and a used cylinder head from an 06....removed the oil restrictor from the block. compression is 179-174-180. My problem is the ski has a hard time idling when its cold....its slightly better when warmed up but not much. it tops out at about 40 mph and 6500 rpm....doesnt have a ton of power but ive never ridden a non SCd 4tec ski so i dont have anything to compare it to except my 04 185. I've swapped coils and no change....changed fuel pump....no change.....fuel and oil pressure are where they are supposed to be. The head out of the 06 came with the cam so i just installed the whole thing. I not getting any fault codes...I'm using my 03 cam gear....could the 06 cam be causing my problem??.....I simply cant find anything else wrong to explain the the bad idle and max rpm. I've searched google and got 0 help on greenhulk.....anybody on here have any ideas??.....thanks in advance

Re: 03 GTX 155..Used head and cam from an 06..runs a little rough stalls at idle 6500

I believe the 2003-2005 crank and cam need to match. And 2006 and up needs to match the crank and cam. That may or may not explain the low RPM. It should reach about 7600 RPM. RPM might be low because of wrong pitch on the impeller.

Comment

Working...
    X