202 GTX DI low oil message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 202 GTX DI low oil message

Yesterday, I got a LOW-OIL message, so shut down and checked oil resevoir oil level. It was 3/4 full so I continued on for several minutes with low-oil message still showing. Then engine slowed to a little above an idle And I nursed it back to the dock. Topped off the reservoir and restarted. Message was gone but engine sounds louder than normal when it revs. (Kind of a cladde -not like a rod bearing). First thing I will check is the oil injection system and go from there. My question - the low-oil and the engine run problems happened about the same time, but it doesn’t seam to make sense that a low-oil situation by its self would cause an immediate engine problem unless the reservoir level was actually low. Just looking for any insight or direction as I troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 202 GTX DI low oil message

The oil sensor is just a float sensor, as long as there is oil in the tank it should be supplying oil to the oil pump.
    Here is the check for the float.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	254246

Comment

Re: 202 GTX DI low oil message

Originally posted by SBT-Tech 1 View Post
      The oil sensor is just a float sensor, as long as there is oil in the tank it should be supplying oil to the oil pump.
      Here is the check for the float.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3918[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X