05 rxt wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 rxt wont start

I just finished rebuilding my 2005 RXT motor. Previously i had an issue with oil leaking out so had a little damage internally. I rebuild the motor and now it will not start, it will turn over but not start. Im getting fuel and spark. timing has been checked 3 times and its dead on. any ideas anyone. also no codes are displayed on the instrument cluster. Here is a video of me trying to start the ski https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLI7Yq0fBE0

Re: 05 rxt wont start

IS YOUR BATTERY FULLY CHARGED AND C.C.A. UP? IS FUEL PUMP WORKING AS IT SHOULD?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Battery is new and the fuel pressure is at 56psi. Everything is by the book. Still not starting.

Comment

When you rebuilt this engine did you change the crankshaft?
        Is it an early model crank or late model?

Comment

I believe its the old one. So I went ahead and tested the cam shaft position sensor, sensor is fine. Even used another one from a different ski. Still nothing. I tested the resistance on the (CPS) crank shaft sensor , that came back good. But when I test the VAC on the crank sensor its reading .78something. the manual says it should read between 1-2. Is it possible that the sensor is too far away from the trigger wheel? and its not measuring the timing correct? Because the wheel is not missing any teeth nor any are bent. Also when i run the ski in drown mode, the rpms are at 250-300 tops, manual states it should be at 800-1000. and i am using a new battery plus a jump box on it. Again thank you for all the help.

Comment

Working...
          X