Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Seadoo Sportster (Rotax 717) Repinning Stator Harness

Hi guys.

Any advice for someone who's replacing the stator on a Rotax 717 in a 96 Sportster? I'm struggling repinning in the new stator into the female connector. This is the 4-wire connector that has a wedge jammed into the middle of it which holds the wires down, preventing them from backing out.

I get the goal here, but getting my fingers to do what the wires need is another issue. Should I have each wire "seated" on the wedge and push them all in simultaneously? Or have each wire seated in the connector, then push in the wedge? Anyone have experience with this that can offer advice?

Only reason I'm asking is I've ruined my original connector's internal spring tabs by pushing in that wedge when there wasn't enough separation with those tabs, so they're entirely bent out of shape now. New one is coming in the mail as a $25 stupid tax, and I really want to prevent ruining another connector.

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't seen any posts or videos on this.
Working...
X