Hard starting GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard starting GTS

I'm back Fella's ...In Feb I received some great advice about a 3 year long problem that cost me 3 seasons of use and over a 1000.00 dollars in service calls..The advice from this forum was to check the Rotary Valve cover...I did and found the cover not only worn very bad(can actually put a toothpick under a streight edge) and grooved like a 45rpm record. I have just today received the new unit from SBT ,along with a degree wheel and a oil pump block off...My question now is this.."Being that worn does it point toward the problem of not starting once the craft is hot and been underway for 20 mins or so?"...second what are the con's of useing mixed gas over the injection process other than inconvience ? Also can someone give me a starting mixture(oil) to use and carb adjustment over those with the oil injection...any other suggestions as I install the new valve and cover..I do wish to thank everyone who responded in this forum with their suggestions .I was shocked when I seen the condition of the RV cover...looking forward to your suggestions. I will start now with a new cover..a new Rotary valve, new Sea Doo carb, primer,and crossed fingers...this has been a very frustrating and expensive situation, where at no time ,no dealer or Sea Doo in the numerous letters and calls suggested the RV cover.
    really need upfront help

Yes it would cause those conditions.

Set your pre0mix to 40:1.

Cons would be inconvenience and the possiblity of someone accidentally putting straight gas in.

Your high speed screws *may* need to be adjustout out 1/16th a turn - but I would bet you don't need to touch them - ride and see.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Shoulda come here first ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Re: Hard starting GTS

Curious.... can one place 400-600 grit wet sandpaper on a sheet of glass (a true flat surface) and gently 'mill' out the grooves on the rotory valve cover? or would this open up the 'gap' between the rotory valve cover, rotary valve and the block to the piont where there would be a leak between the two intake ports and thus causing a lean condition? Can't imagine I would be taking out any more than a .002 or more. I can measure the gap with plastigage, but how much am I allowed in that space? Guess there is a delicate balance between too much play, resulting in that lean condition and not enough play which would cause binding of the valve between the two surfaces resulting in a heat build up and warping of the RV and those grooves being created.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Re: Hard starting GTS

You can try it. I think the small amount your trying to remove is not going to change things. If you have deep groves then replace the cover with a reman cover or a new cover.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X