98 sea-doo xpl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 sea-doo xpl

I purchased a used sea-doo 98 xpl w/951 eng. Engine is stock as far as I know.There is a flat spot in the throttle bet 3500-4500rpm, also there is a exhaust popping noise durring that rpm range, and only then. Other than that it runs great at low and high end. I have had in to the dealer twice, each time they said they couldn't fine any problem.
    Any idea what would be causing this problem??

I would think your rave valves are sticking, take them out and clean them and the problem should be taken care of.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

could you explain the best way to clean the rave valves

Comment

there are 2 bolts that hold the rave valve in place. I beloieve they are 5mm allen bolts. Remove them and then pull the rave valve straight out. You will probably see a lot of carbon buildup. Clean these off and then put them back in using a medium hstrength high heat loctite on the bolts.

[ September 18, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]

Comment

1first clean all around valves
          2 For MAGside,remove retening wire and cover cap. Hold it as you remove it so the spring inside doesn't fly out
          3 Remove ring from rubber boot. Easy as not to strech it. Unscrew plastic piece from valve and remove the rubber boot. depending on piston position,you may have to hold valve so doesn't fall in
          4 Unscrew hex nuts and remove valve housing assambly. Remove gasket and o-seal. Remove valveCAREFUL not to get anything in valve slot.
          5 gently wipe as much oil and grime from the boot whit a paper towel,then use soap and water for finish. Clean metal parts whit cleaning solvent or carburetor clener. Dry and spray WD-40 on them . instalation is reverse of removal.( DO NOT REMOVE THA CROME OFF CLEAN THEM WHIT SOME THING NOT ABRASSIVE LOOK TO THE WORD (TOP ) WHEN YOU REMOVE THE VALVES THEY ARE WRITE IN THE VALVE

Comment

What happens if you remove the chrome?

Comment

nothing, it is not a big deal

Comment

Working...
              X