carbon seal / seal carrier question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon seal / seal carrier question

this past month i had to realign the motor after i replaced a couple motor mounts. after i put the drive shaft back in, i noticed that the carbon seal and the seal carrier werent forced together as tightly as they were before i had taken it apart. i can literally pull the seal carrier about 1" away from the carbon seal.

what am i missing? any ideas?

thanks!

bob

you may need to replace them if they seem damaged, I would see if water leaks in first when you place the trailer into the water
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

as soon as i placed the jetski in the water, it started to leak. the condition of the seals look fine. i'm thinking that i put it back together incorrectly. lookin at my '96 GTX, it's really hard to pull the carrier seal away from the carbon seal. If i try that in the XP, they pull apart VERY easily. any idea what i missed?

Comment

May need to align it, not sure if you did that or not, but SBT rents out their alignment tool or you can buy one.
        When you took the motor out, did you take out the motor mounts or left them where they were?
        96xper.

Comment

i've replaced all 3 motor mounts and aligned the motor. the driveshaft slides in without binding. What i noticed is that there was no 'C' clip on the driveshaft, only a rubber O ring. It just seems as though the carrier seal and carbon seal just dont have enough pressure holding them to together. It's as though they should both sit back further than they do. I have some pics on my digital cam, but i can't upload them until monday since one of my friends is currently borrowing it.

Comment

The clip pn/272-000-135 is missing.
            Dick Bell
            http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

Working...
            X