SEADOO 96 GSX WON'T PULL IN WATER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEADOO 96 GSX WON'T PULL IN WATER

THIS IS A 96 GSX IT RUN FINE ON FLUSH KIT. IF I LOOK IN BACK THE PROPELLER IS TURNING BUT IF YOU PUT IN LAKE IT DOES NOT GO? I CAN NOT FIND ANY THING BROKE IN DRIVE LINE? WHAT DO I LOOK FOR NOW.

your impeller is probably damaged and your wear ring needs to be replaced
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Or he has stripped splines in the PTO or impellor.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Put this gsx back in water today and for 20 min it ran great. then it started runing ruff and headed back to dock. it finally took off and i flew back to the dock. when i turned it off to see what i could find it was hard to start and then maybe 10 mph was as fast as it would go. it would not turn over 3000 rpm. what do i look for now?

Comment

A mechanic?

Without futher information, I have no idea what is wrong. Is it making smoke under the seat? Exhaust leak?

Are the carbs clooged up with debris and not delivering fuel?

Does it backfire or sputter?

Will it run in the reserve position, but not the on position?
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I had the same problem with my 96 XP. It ran great sometimes and sometimes it would bog out and only run at about 3000 RPMs like yours does. The symptoms sound identical. It was like it would turn on and off. I pulled the carbs and pulled the plate off the end and cleaned the filters inside. This helped a lot. Maybe this is the answer to your problem. It certainly couldn't hurt to clean them anyhow.

Comment

Working...
            X