98 XPL fogging carbs..?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 XPL fogging carbs..?...

What is the best and "EASIEST" way to fog the carbs and engine for winter storage. I'm planning on doing this in late October early November and thought I see how others fog and/or prep their ski's for winter.
    I fog my snowmobile engine through a fogging port on the intake throat of the carbs. Does the 951 engine have such a port?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan

No it doesn't have a "port". You can unsnap the air box clamp and move it back to get access to the carb throats.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

hmmm.. my 97 xp has a rubber plug in the air box that I remove and spray through..

Comment

the 951 airbox has a little hole where you put the end of the straw for the fogging oil on. It is located on the right top side of the airbox and is white in color.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

you fog your engine obviously throught the carbs but you need to add fuel stabilizer to the fuel tank and run the engine until the treated fuel runs thru the carbs. that keeps the carbs from gumming up.

Comment

Get a fogging kit installed.
            pn: 295500889
            Makes it way too easy!
            Im from a salt water area and the fitment of these fogging kits are manditory on all our rebuilds.
            Most of our customers fog after every ride, not just for storage.

[ October 03, 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Denny Moran ]

Comment

Denny Maran,

Is this the kit you spoke about?

295500889 CURTAIN AFT BIMINI KIT $281.47

What all does it do for $281.47?

what is a " CURTAIN AFT BIMINI KIT " ?

Thanks in advance,
              Dan

Comment

Woops, a slight incident of numerical dyslexia!
                try 295500899.
                Im glad I didn't order ten that day!
                Sorry bout that.

Comment

who has this part?

Comment

Im sure Bill O can source it for you, or your local dealer.

Comment

Denny Moran,
                      What all does this kit contain?

Does it give you ports to fog?

Please discribe how it works and where it is mounted in relationship to carbs and air box.

It must be pretty simple to fog the engine if some of your clients fog after each ride!

Your info is "Greatly " appreciated!
                      Thanks again,
                      Dan

Comment

It consists of a "T", a one way valve, some hose and clamps. Oh, and instructions.
                        It "T",s into the accelerator pump hose and uses the accelerator pump nozzles to squirt seadoo lube down the carb throats. You will have a clear hose emerging from the carbs with a red squirter tube that you plug into your seadoo lube can. Iy makes fogging rediculously easy.

My shop is on the east coast of Australia, Gold Coast, Where they have the Australian round of the C.A.R.T. indy car championships. We have excellent surf within 5 min ride of the boat ramp, so most of our customers give their craft a bloody hard time and most skis we work on only ever see salt water, except for flushing, so If you dont fog you will need to buy a crank sooner than later.

Comment

Denny, how would this work on a RFI motor, and do they make a kit for a RFI. if so what price in AUS$ and can you ship interstate.

Thanxs
                          Rufffy

Comment

An rfi dosen't need one, Just remove the black rubber plug from the airbox and fog through the hole.

Comment

Thanks
                              Rufffy

Comment

Working...
                              X