97-Sea Doo ( down ) What to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97-Sea Doo ( down ) What to do.

I'm a new member that needs some ? 's answered. Just had the carb's rebuild and it ran great for 2 days. On the third day it when back to the orignal problem before I had the carb's rebuilt. Which was it wouldn't get out of it's own way, rpm would go to 3000 but it would barely moved. Took it back to the shop and they said the idle needed to be adjusted higher (didn't sound right to me ) but ok. Next trip same problem, now it's the front crank bearings and I'm being told to drop in a new engine, SBT of course. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ September 27, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: TEderer ]

Do a compression test and that will be your answer to it if you need a new motor.

Oh forgot to add...get a new mechanic, that guys an idiot.

Idle screw has nothing to do with what you are explaining, especially when it ran fine for 2 days.

[ September 27, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

That's for sure about the mechanic, but if the bearings are bad can the compression check out ok. Oh! forgot to tell you, it's still in that same shop waiting my decision and when I was in there last week to listen to the bearing problem I did hear what was explained to me as bearing noise when engine was being turned off.

[ September 27, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: TEderer ]

Comment

if the bearings are going bad and it still turns over fast, yes the compressiona can be ok. Make sure yourself that the compression is 135-155 and does not vary mopre than 5psi per cylinder. If the compression is good I would say it has to do with crab adjustment.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Can the bearings go bad all of a sudden with no notice at all? What I was told is that the sheild around the bearings themself are made of plastic and can go bad like right away. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] Oh! and by the way does anyone know of a good mechanic in the Southern California area.

[ September 27, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: TEderer ]

Comment

there are some bearings that have plastic around the outside. Yes they can go bad without notice and you may want to try Bill O'Neil at watercraftmagic.com
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X