Hx starting problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hx starting problem?

HX starts but can't get it to keep the gas going. When to give the gas it dies. The idle is set really low for racing purpose from what I was told from the seller. It also smoke like crazy while I'm trying to do it outside of water. I spary a little starting fluid just to get it to fire up. I'm new to all this stuff

First make sure your compression is good, from there you need to look at the carbs and make sure the diaphrams are ok and the pop-off is set correctly
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

check your fuel filter for and lines. there is a small filter in both carbs which get clogged up but if your just getting into these thing get a good mechanic to check that for you. do you have to premixyour gas? if you do thats probably why its smoking a lot. the idle can be reset real easy. there is a low and high speed screw on both carbs, dont mess with them. go to this link: http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...pe=13&A=32&B=9
      the idle adjusting screw is umber 33. turn it until it idles at 3000 rpm out of the water/1500 rpm in the water. hope this helps.

Comment

well the link didnt work. click on the link and go to whatever hx you own. click on the expanded view of the carbs and the adjusing screw should be#33

Comment

[ September 29, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

Working...
          X