carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb rebuild

I am going to clean the internal filters on my carbs, while in there I will replace the needles and seats. 96 gtx, runs ok but wet/black plugs and tricky to start. My question is how much additional work is involved in rebuilding the carbs or should I just do as mentioned above if they run ok? Don't want to do unnecessay work if not needed. thx..

You can't do the above without rebuilding, and the rebuild kits include new filters.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I thought I would just clean the filters and replace the needles and seats. Do you dip these carbs in cleaner? I have this gallon can of carb cleaner I used on my pressure washer carb. Thanks...

Comment

Read the articles here, watch the vids, look through the rebuild guides - all here in the video and tech sections.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I clean filters and replace needles and seats more often than not. I usually do not have to rebuild the whole carb, unless I see a reason to do it.
          DO NOT DIP CARBS INTO CARB CLEANER if there is even one rubber or plastic part left on them. The carb cleaner will eat them.
          I never dip my carbs. I use a spray cleaner.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X