throttle cable install 951

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle cable install 951

I'm at the last steps on an engine install and it seems there are 2 holes on the carb "wheel/lever" that my throttle cable can "start" through. Is this for cable slack or is there a definite one-or-the-other that the lead end of my cable belongs in? I didn't pick up on this during removal, and my manual doesn't show a cable in exploded view of the Mikuni BN-46i's on this 2000 Sportster LE. Any help much appreciated.

1 hole is for the throttle cable the other is for the oil injection pump cable.
    98 GTX Ltd, 95 XP, 99 Mastercraft

Comment

Thanks for reply. Trial and error has proven your response - throttle cable will only reach one of the 2 holes(the closest). Might be worth mentioning for other Sportsters w/951...oil cable is part of throttle cable assembly, and is not mounted to carb as mentioned in SBT install instructions. 2nd "hole" evidently not used with this throttle cable assembly. Hate to think what throttle assembly costs when needed. Thanks again from a newbie. Doo it on the big muddy... :D

Comment

The split cable is $155.00.....
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X