Lack of upper R P M 'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of upper R P M 'S

Well I'm a new owner of a 98 GTX Limited, it has 105 Hrs. no mods. I bought it from a man that never ran it over 40 mph. peak speed said 39 when i got it. It had 35 hrs as of april 1 2001. all it has ever turned is 6200 rpm. the speedometer has shown 63 mph. after turning it over a couple of days ago 5700-5800 is all it will rev. that is on a new set of plugs ( BR8ES ). I'm wondering about the R.A.V.E. valves,fuel filter,High speed jets ? any ideas? What rpm should it turn ? I'm guessing 6900?

See this thread. Yes you should be 6800+

Comment

going to take the ski to the lake and check the raves , water regulator.. will also check fuel filter and replace spark plugs.

Comment

by the way I'm checking the rpm's with the factory digital tach. Thaks alot I need all the ( GOOD ) help I can get

Comment

Remove your flame arrestor so you can see into the carbs. make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly and your carbs are actually opening all the way.

Comment

Cleaned the rave's,( very dirty, front one slightly sticking , cleaned fuel filter housing and filter, It wasn't very dirty at all,replaced plugs..
            I finally got 6440 rpm's ..I took the black caps off the rave's ski ran like crap..I blocked of the water for one quick run ..didn't help.. the engine runs kinda rough between 2000- 2800 rpm's but smoothes out after that .From a idle when you nail the throttle the tack jumps to 5900 and slowly climbs to around 6400 . the rave's are turned nearly all yhe way down and the water regulator is nearly all the way out. Still missing around 500 rpm's ..Your help is GREATLY Appreciated. if youcan think of any questions please ask .THANKS A LOT >> THIS IS A GREAT SITE!!

Comment

Working...
            X