Premix ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premix ratios

I have a 96xp, I realize the ratio is a 50:1. I need to know how many ounces to the gallon i should be putting in the tank. I've heard 3 ounces to every gallon, also what is the easiest way to do this if you are at the gas pump and have it accurately done.

Thank You
    ERic the crazy skier

well you put 1 gallon of oil to 50 gallons of gas, so one quart to about 12.5 gallons of gas, or 1 pint to 6.25 gallons of gas, thats how i figure my ratios just from the 1 gallon to 50 or 1 gallon to 40 gallons something like that

Comment

matt what kind of oil do you use for pre mix?

Comment

The SD800 is actually 40:1 - 3.2oz. per gallon

50:1 - 2.5oz/gal
        40:1 - 3.2oz/gal
        32:1 - 4oz/gal
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I always thought 32:1 or 40:1 tops was a 'safe' mixture for regular recreational use.

Isn't 50:1 a little light on oil? I run 32:1 in my '98 GTXL and I can tell it's a little rich, but didn't want to try to run any lighter on oil...

Thanks,

Craig
          - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

Comment

Many skis use 50:1 such as many Yamahas and Kawasakis.

Comment

i use seadoo xpsII

Comment

32:1 is oil rich, just the way I like my racing motors. 40:1 is perfect for recreational motors that run cooler and at less rpm than racing motors.
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

do you premix it in a container or just dump the oil in at the gas pump and try to shake the whole ski to mix it up

Comment

i usually know how much gas it will take to fill and i put the oil in the tank fisrt then fill it up and the gas flowing in mixes it up really well, most of the times when i fill its right around 10 gallons so i just put one quart of oil in and that gives me 40:1

Comment

Always mix in an external container(s).

Comment

I agree, guessing either costs you more money for oil, or alot more money from a wornout motor. I have guessed, when at a marina, but I guess it really wasn't much of a guess, because I filled the tank first, then figured out how much oil to add. After putting the oil into the tank, I shook the boat for a few seconds to mix it up. A 5 gallon fuel jug and a ratio-rite cup are the normal, and best tools to use to get the mix correct.
                        Recreational riding= 40:1
                        Bill O'Neal WCM
                        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

So then what's 50:1 good for?

Comment

Other skis that are set 50:1 like older Yamaha's and Kawasaki's. We always recommend people run whatever the stock pump ratio was, when they switch to pre-mix. Every Yamaha except the powervalve motors is 50:1. Power valve Yamaha's are 32:1. Sea-Doo's are 40:1. All Kawasaki's except the 1200 are 50:1. Polaris is 40:1. Tigershark is 40:1

Comment

So one last question and I'll dro this thread - on my '95 Kawasaki 750 ZXI which I put an SBT engine into last year and switched to premix - I should be running 50:1 instead of 40:1??

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X