Why am I beeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I beeping?

I just installed an SBT 657x in my 94 speedster (Port side) I went for a water test and the engine starts fine but the warning beeper won't stop beeping (on long constant tone). I thought this was for engine overheat, but the engine would not be very warm in the first 20 seconds!?!?! What can I look for?

Make sure the sensor is plugged in - and if so, replace it. They are known to go bad over time.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you. I will try it.

Comment

Is this the correct beep for overheat? The manual says 1 long beep is for a "bad connection" and "continuously beeps" is for overheat. What is the difference between the two? Also, is there a beep associated with a low oil condition? There is an indicator light but the manual does not say anything about a beep.

Comment

The beeper has a few different functions. Your problem is the overheat sensor is not working and it is causing the continious beep. Buy a new sensor. To shut it off, you can disconnect the sensor wire until you buy a new sensor. Not a good idea to put it off though.

There are no beeper functions related to the oil level. There is a red light indicator, usually on the gas guage, to let you know the oil level in the tank is low.

The beeps when you install the lanyard onto the lanyard post is to let you know that the motor is ready to start. It sould beep twice, chirp, chirp.

Some models have a diagonostic mode, that by depressing the start button with the lanyard off, gives a technician certain different beeps in a code, like one long beep and two short beeps, indicating a problem with a certian part of the ignition. The service manuals have the answers to the codes on a troubleshooting chart for technicians to use to fix your ski.

The only beeps relevant to the operator is the two beeps when you install the correct lanyard, one long beep if you put the wrong ( not programmed to your mpem) lanyard onto the lanyard post, and the continious beep that indicates the engine is hot, or the sensor is bad, as is the case with your boat.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X