No full power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No full power

I have a question on full power on a '89 580 sp. After installing the rebuiilt engine, and rebuilding the carb, which is another question, anyway, after installing and breaking in, it seems that once i get to 3/4 throttle that's it, it won't go any faster. i did rebuild the carb, but didn't check the pop off. I've read the post here on how to do this though. the plugs are a nice chocolate brown on the insulator, and look pretty even.

Is there something else I should check? i was thinking maybe the rev limiter, but i don't want to replace what could be a good part.

And thanks for all the help, and the great engine. I've been enjoying this thing all summer, and the boys are having a blast!

Thanks,

Brian

On weak skis like that, you often will not have any change beyond near full throttle. You can make sure that your throttle cable is adjusted correctly, and your butterfly in the carb is actually opening fully with the trigger though. Without knowing what top RPM you have I can't say if you are really at full speed or not.

Comment

I will try to check the RPM of the ski. what should the max RPM for a 580 be?

Will also check the cables.

Thanks

Comment

I believe around 6600?

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X