657cc speedster wont rev above 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 657cc speedster wont rev above 3000

My 657 seadoo wont rev above 3000 rpm under load. It has a new rev limiter , rebuilt carbarators , the coils check ok, my local seadoo dealer has had the boat since 7/15/02
    They want 1500.00 and they still havnt fixed the boat. Can they just experiment with my money??? It does the same thing as when I took it in to them. They say the compression is great Help!!!!
    Im having trouble keeping my 657cc bombadier above 3000 rpm , it starts and idles fine. it has a new rev limiter and new carbarators. compression is good

The neutral switch on the throttle/shift assembly is not working or is not adjusted properly. If you are trying to rev the engines in neutral, the rev-limiter will engage, as it is supposed to and hold the engine to 3000 RPM. post with more details!
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

When the gear shift is in forward or reverse it goes almost to 7000rpm on land. when the boat is under load it will only achive around 3000 rpm that is in drive and in the water. This is a jet boat with 2 engines and the other runs fine. Is there 2 switches the book only shows one. Thanks for replying
      Im having trouble keeping my 657cc bombadier above 3000 rpm , it starts and idles fine. it has a new rev limiter and new carbarators. compression is good

Comment

Working...
      X