Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 XP Impeller Clearance

Hey SBT Crew.

I've just had our local impeller repairing company tell me that .5mm (20thou) is too much clearance for my 97 XP, and he recommends I replace the impeller and wear ring??

They had the impeller because it had a slight ding in the bottom edge.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure seadoo recomend 1mm maximum? I only have half that?

What should I do? :(

[ September 17, 2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Michael73 ]

Take it back bent out the ding yourself, clean it up a bit without removing any O.D. and just replace the wear ring.

If later you fing that this is not working replace with a solas or something else.

Comment

.5mm is large and you certainly will feel it. Yes SD says 1mm as the max, and you will REALLY feel it. I would fix it. My new XO fits my Yami with 0.005" and believe me it's a world of difference from what 0.020" feels like.

Comment

Bryan, can you elaborate more on "I will feel it".

Do you mean it will cavitate on take off?
        I will not have max. top speed?
        Not have full thrust take off?
        If I will loose top speed, approx how much (stock 97 XP)?

Thanks.

[ September 18, 2002, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Michael73 ]

Comment

Correct.

Comment

As I have already asked, how much top speed do think I will loose? are we talking 5mph????

Comment

You shouldn't lose any top speed at all, at least not enough to measure.

The effects of a loose fitting impellor are noticed when leaving from a standstill, or towing a tuber/skier, or pulling out of a tight turn. The pump will cavitate.
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Thank-you Bill, as usual you have an informative and helpful, non- 1 word answer!!
                :D

[ September 25, 2002, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Michael73 ]

Comment

Working...
                X