XPL allingment shaft size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPL allingment shaft size?

I've got all of the other tools to alling engines, But I am not paying 100$ for the shaft. I have a friend that runs a machine shop, that makes shafts for crew boats. He is going to make the shaft for me and taper the end for the inserts. I'd like to know the diameter of the shaft so he can see if they have the size in stock. He said he can probabaly find it out from measuring the tube and then turn one down to that size, but I am trying to make it easy on him.

there was another post about this, i will look for it

Comment

here

Comment

I came up with .693 minor dia at the pto end, and father in-law just bought a spare prop shaf, and it measure .876 I think it was. Now to determine an area to cut .876 so it will ride the brgs and still be supported for a few various length shafts.
        ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Working...
        X