Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more than 3500 rpms

hell

a month previously. i had a no start condition, replaced the coil and ground cale cleaned all connections.

this weekend in was riding my ski with no problem for about an hour on almost flat water and hitting 55 mph or so on my 96 gtx.

then all of a sudden the engin sputtered and bogged down. it wnet back up to speed and then bogged again and i would not get more than 10 mph / 3500rpms. during the hour it took me to get back to shore then engine would gain full power for 3 seconds and then drop back to 10 mph / 3500rpms at full throttle.

then engine had no prob starting in/out of water (1500 rpms at idle when usually 3000). i checked the plugs/connections. i cut back the plug wires/cleaned the plugs (black-oily). for some reason when i lifted the plug cap off the plug slightly my rpms would go back to normal. tried new plugs and still the same.

Check ccompression, make sure your fuel is not being obstructed - check the switch, filter, lines, vent, etc.

Comment

sounds to me like another clasical case of water in the fuel system and /or clogged internal carb filters!

Comment

I have a 1994 seadoo jet boat with 651cc motors and on one motor it is doing the exact same thing it sounds like , My boat has been at the dealer since 7/15/02 . it still is not fixed. They are working with seadoo . they are stumped and so am I.
        Im having trouble keeping my 657cc bombadier above 3000 rpm , it starts and idles fine. it has a new rev limiter and new carbarators. compression is good

Comment

Perhaps you had a "cold seizure" in the motor. This happens when the cylinders cool too quickly and the sleeves bind against the pistons. You would see scoring if you looked at the pistons.

Comment

Working...
          X