Replacing XPL carrier bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing XPL carrier bearing

The carrier bearing on my '99 XPL started making noise & gets hot after 15 seconds of idleing (carbon seal pulled back so it isn't touching) [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] . What is involved in removing & replacing it?

Thanks! :D

SP, as stated in the registration agreement, we don't allow blank linking to other forums.

If you have another thread on another forum already addressing the question, that's perfectly alright to link to, but just saying 'go to this other forum', is not allowed.

If you want him to talk to Matt, that's fine too, you can press the 'Email this page to someone' link at the top to send it to Matt, or post Matt's email address.

Thanks

[ September 30, 2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

What did I miss?

What other forum??????

Comment

are you guys talking about me???

Comment

As a matter of fact, he was!

Comment

i am on 3 other forums if he wants my email it grossmatt@msn.com

Comment

Noted, I apologize for the blank transfer. I had read a previous post by Matt regarding a driveline issue and thought he would be appropriate to answer.

Oh Yeahhh, and Matt I was talking about you...

Most of your posts are on another board, didn't know you were lurking about here....

Comment

yeah i try to help people out, i have like 150 posts on one site and another has 1050 and the last one doesn't keep track

Comment

I'm sure when Bill O'Neal gets the time after or before work he can comment - I've never done one, sorry.

Comment

i did a couple abd you can use sockets to pound the bearing out, the hard thing is getting it lined up when you put it back in, i would take some take or a marker and mark the outer ring so you can get that in the correct place then all there is to line up it the twist in the bearing carrier

Comment

Buy 2 new seals and a bearing. After removing the seals, press the bearing out, and press the new bearing in. Then replace the seals.

You will need an alignment tool to center the bearing carrier with the driveshaft when you reassemble it.

Are you sure it's bad ? They all get hot when running the motor.
                      Bill O'Neal WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                      X