Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Did it all . Now what------:(

Did a lot and still runs the same
    Out of the water i get high rpms In the water i only get 2800 rpms.Things i did to try and find the problem.
    1-cleaned the rave vlave. not very dirty.
    2-changed pluggs.NKGbr8es
    3-Sniped a 1/4 inch off plugg wires.
    4-rebuilt carbs.
    5-checked exhaust valve. ( was broke )fixed
    6-ran seado with rectigier unplugged a little while.
    7-checked box were the spark plugs come from.
    the 3or 4 wires in box were ceroded. cleaned and tighened.
    8-checked gas selecter switch on.off.res.
    9-cleaned or replace all 3 gas filter.
    10- battery is new.
    11- checked fuel tank vent.
    12-compresstion test cyliners.
    Front 148lbs Back 150 lbs and dosn't leak by rings if you wait a couple of min.
    Checked the carb with a mirror to see if i can see gas going in. But i cant see if it's going in. It must be it runs and starts easy but no speed out of it.
    When i bought it used it ran great for half the season.
    plugges look a little dark like being fouled like oily.was wondering if oil pump is giving the enjine to much oil.Not sure how to check oil pump or short cuts in checking it. will check maual. I need help.
    1997 SEA-DOO BOMBARDIER GSX

Take a peak at the pump and impellor assembly...stripped splines maybe?

Edit: Does it rev in the water, or is it actually only getting 2800 RPMS?

[ October 10, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

your carbs might be out of tune if you recently rebuilt them. this site has a good article in the tech section. try there first. your oil injection is probably not the problem if its not smoking excessively. i would suggest going premix just so you will never have to worry about that oil pump. good luck

Comment

Bad water regulator valve?
        - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

Comment

Thanks guys . will check that stuff out. cant wait to find the problem.

Comment

Just a thought, I wasted 3 months on this same problem. Found my problem to be unsynchronized carburators. Checked them several times however I finally removed them and found the set screw a bit loose thus causing 1 carb to only open 1/4 of the way. They appeared to be opening togather however, once the throttle got to a certin point, the shaft was would spin inside of one of the linkage set screw points. Good luck!

Comment

97 GSX's don't have set screws on the linkages.

What is the maximum rpm that you get in the water at full throttle?
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
              X