Bryan or anybody with knowledge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan or anybody with knowledge!!

I have a 2000 Sea-Doo GSX Millenium Edition with the 951. The exhaust hose between the pipe and waterbox is developing holes in it. I have changed this 3 times and it only lasts a couple of hours. I have popped the seat as soon as this happens and all I see is exhaust smoke but no water at all. Shouldn't there be some water at the hose or coming out of the hose when it pops? What keeps causing this? The hoses are getting expensive!

Thanks
    YAM018

Catch the jist of this thread.

Comment

Thanks Bryan, I just read it after I posted mine. I guess I should read things first [img]smile.gif[/img]

YAM018

Comment

Ok Bryan, I have checked everything as far as water lines and power valve. Everything is flowing water especially out of the pipe where the hose is. This is on a flush kit in the driveway. Could the power valve be shutting down at high rpm's because it popped a hose again. What else could be wrong?

Please Help!!!
        YAM018 [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

If the regulator is flowing, I'm out of ideas!

Comment

This ski does have an aftermarket head on it but that shouldn't cause this, right?

YAM018

Comment

No, it shouldn't - unless you are running too lean and your EGTs are way high - but I would expect detonation way before you melt exhaust hoses.

Comment

What would the settings be for the EGT's?

YAM018

Comment

Around 1300 deg.F

Comment

Working...
                    X