Ingested water... 96 xp... Bryan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingested water... 96 xp... Bryan...

A bud was taking my 96 XP (stock) for a ride and, unfortunately, flipped it. After 30 min. I went to look for him, and he had already had the seat up and was trying to blow the water out of the plug holes. However, when plugs were put back on, it would still not turn over, don't know, possibly battery was getting low? It did turn over a few times on one try with the plugs in but it seemed to be losing uumph. He was lubing with the XPS oil... is that okay? I guess the only thing he had on hand. Also, he had failed to ground the plug wires, how bad?

I am unsure of what to do in this instance, is it possible to cause harm by continuing this process or just keep at it. This was 3 hours ago, how long do I have before its too late?

:(
    96' XP

If it's salt is probably already too late. If fresh - KEEP AT IT! Get a can of WD-40 to spray off the plugs periodically, and get another battery to use - cause you WILL run your stock one out while trying. It's impossible to get all the water out just cranking it over - either your battery is too low or you're just pumping water up periodically hydrolocking it. Kepp trying, get it started and run it hard for an hour ASAP. If you have to, fast idle it on the hose and spray it with fogging oil or Bombardier lube for a good 20 min.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bryan Glynn:
      If it's salt is probably already too late. If fresh - KEEP AT IT! Get a can of WD-40 to spray off the plugs periodically, and get another battery to use - cause you WILL run your stock one out while trying. It's impossible to get all the water out just cranking it over - either your battery is too low or you're just pumping water up periodically hydrolocking it. Kepp trying, get it started and run it hard for an hour ASAP. If you have to, fast idle it on the hose and spray it with fogging oil or Bombardier lube for a good 20 min.<hr></blockquote>

Don't have any Bomb. lube, or fogging oil, or flush kit. I know, what good am I? Can I temp. use a hose in the back of the machine just to get going, what to do for lube?

Also water is fresh.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: loco96XP ]</p>
      96' XP

Comment

Then you're screwed. Even if you get out first light tommarow, it'll have been in there about 12 hours, and will have caused a good amount of bearing damage. The next best thing you can do right now is probably not feasible for you - hoist the ski up, tip it upside down, crank out as much water as you can, then fill it completely up with a couple gallons of oil until you can ride it.

Comment

Working...
        X