97 xp killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 xp killing

ok ive done every thing i can think of ive pulled the flywheel cover and cleaned the magnets and the pickup. Ive pulled every connection, checked, cleaned, and applied dielectric grease where nessary not on MPEM. Ive also cleaned all battery connections and got a new dess lanyard. The only thing left is changing the ground wire it looks iffy but ive tried wiggling it while its running and it doesnt kill.
    Ok so the question is with it killing at random times and at random throttle positions, (and a new gas filter gasket,) but starting right up without having to pull the lanyard most of the time, what is going on it didnt do this before i winterized it. Does this have anything to do with the rectifier or the dess post or the ground wire or MPEM im so frustrated please help.
    Anthony Weller

It could be a dess lanyard post or even the lanyard itself.
    It could be the mpem has gone bad.
    It could be the plug that plugs into the mpem is losing contact.
    It could be a bad ground.
    It could be it is strarving for fuel becuse a filter ( anyone of three filters) or the on-off-reserve switch is clogged up.

It doubt it is the rectifier, but who knows, anything is possible.

What is not possible is for us to know for sure what is wrong with your ski over the internet. So we are making lists of possibilities of things that can cause a problem like you are having.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

thanks every one your engines rock i found the problem it was the ground wire but now i broke the throttle cable clip in the handle bars on a huge wave when the housing spun ill fix this too i guess. This engine runs so well its not funny i blow away bigger engines all the time nice job guys
      Anthony Weller

Comment

Working...
      X