overheat signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheat signal

my overheat buzzer is coming on.i searched prior posts but i still have a couple of questions.i tried following the routing on my sea doo c.d. disk.but i got lost.when hooked to the hose very little water comes out.nothing comes out of the holes over the ski ring.if i disconnect the hoses where the tee to hit the regulator connects and blow into the one entering the top of the head i can blow thru and it goes thru the bottom hose and then out back.but if i try to blow thru the hose towards the back ,nothing.is the hose connection where you flush somehow connected to the large hose that goes to the top of the head and to the large hose connected to the exhaust?
    thanks
    tom
    TT

What engine??
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

sorry,
      98 gsxl, 951, just installed it.
      thanks
      TT

Comment

Which lines are you confused about?

Comment

where my hose flush connection is,when you connect to it and turn on the water should it flow thru the hose to the bottom of exhaust and thru that same connection also flow to top of the head out the bottom and exit the ski?
          when ski is in the water how does it pull water for cooling in?
          thanks
          TT

Comment

excellent answer
            <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

There are three fittings at the rear - the flush connector (exit) in the corner is line 29 to the head. Next to it is the intake, goes to the pipe. The one on the right is an exit. Look at the drawing and follow the arrows, that's the water flow.

Comment

o.k. let me see if i get this straight.when flushing the ski thru the hose connection the water only travels thru the top of the head and out the bottom hose which is on the lower right.so flushing never puts water thru the exhaust?maybe i am reading the arrows wrong but it appears that the direction of flow exits the top of the head?
                TT

Comment

From the head it goes through the cylinders, case and exhaust.

Comment

when i connect my hose to the flush connection no water flows from the hose leading to the head.their is a tee connection above the water regulator with a small line off the tee going to it. if i separate the connections i can blow freely thru the head and hear and see it exit the bottom clear hose. but not the other way, towards the hose connection i cannot blow freely thru it???
                    by he way thanks for the patience and help.
                    tom
                    TT

Comment

Then you have a blockage - you will just have to pull off the hoses and fine it.

Comment

You keep asking about how the engine gets it's water to cool the engine, you do realize the obvious -- the water is sucked in through the bottom, right?

When your attached to the hose, it should force water through everything, top and bottom and exhaust. You should have water coming out the pissers in the back as well as the nozzle.

Comment

Working...
                        X