Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP 800 1997 problem

Hi!

I bought a XP 800 1997 2 weeks a go and I had plenty of problem with it. If someone can help me I will appreciate a lots. This is my problem:

1. From 0 -25 mph the sea-doo turn bad and seem to make some mise fire sound. It sound like frrr frrr in the exausth system.
    2.when I floor it from 0 MPH the engine seem to stuck à maybe 5000 RPM and it take 10 secondes to reach it max RPM.
    3. The engine seem to be rebuild (the head bolts has been touch)
    4. I have found some water in the coil and in electric wire
    5. I checked the RAVE and I cleaned all the carburator (after that ...no change)

I am a mechanical. I also want to said that I am sorry if my english is not perfect. I am from Montreal and I found that site.

Thank you a lot!!!

Guillaume
    Guillaume

are you cavitating? What I mean, when you punch it, does it rev up and barely start moving until it finally hooks up and goes?
    You may want to do a compression on the ski, maybe take the head off and take a look at whats going on inside the motor. Not very hard to take off and put back on, make sure you have a torque wrench and torque down those bolts correctly.
    Maybe someone will perk up and let you know. Is the ski stock?
    96xper

Comment

No i am not caviting. I just replace all the turbine because it have no oil on it.

I am wondering if it can be an electric problem like the position sensor under the flywheel. Maybe it goes wrong when the engine does not turn fast enough.

I really not sure about the problem

Thanks
      Guillaume

Comment

just a suggestion...pull the harnesses out of the MPEM and check for corrosion or loose connctions...and make sure the harnesses are latched on tight when you put them back on.

I had a similiar problem, so i stopped and reached down and wiggled the harnesses and it worked.

Like i said, just a suggestion

Comment

Working...
        X