help with jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with jetting

hey guys heres my problem i have a 96xp with a rossier pipe ,milled head prok airfilters, now a buddy told me to go with 145 on the mains, 90 pilot and 2.0 needle and seat, with a turn out on both low and high well i did that and when i idle through a no wake or any slow riding it smokes alot and loads up fouling out all my plugs, now if i put new in and just hammer it and not ride slow it's fine but in do time it loads up and my plugs are fouled, now another guy i think told me that i should have gone with 75 pilot jet and a turn out, also when i turn these jets out should i first turn them all the way in then a turn out, go full throttle passes and pull the new plugs to get a look as to how there running, please help me guys i would apreciate it alot thanks mike

Sounds to me like your buddy was right. You need a smaller set of pilot jets. Yes, always bottom out an adjuster, then turn them out, counting the turns.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
    X