How to keep 98 GSX in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep 98 GSX in the water

I finaly took out my 98 gsx ltd but found it to feel very slippery and even in slight 1 foot chop I couldn't keep it in the water or even accelerate hard without it breaking free until I leaned over the bars
    be good,
    if you cant be good,
    be carefull
    if you can't be carefull,
    buy a pram

put the trim down

Comment

The GSXL is a very short boat for the amount of power it has. Even with the trim down, it is hard to keep it connected to the water and it gets a bit squirlley at higher speeds. For this reason, Sea Doo made the RX hulls.....
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Thanks I tried the trim adjustmens it helped a little but that sounds more like it
        It's a bit like the the short wheel based cars with funny car engines, they never go straight
        be good,
        if you cant be good,
        be carefull
        buy a pram

Comment

You can add a extended ride plate, and intake grate both are worthy investments.
          _ _ _ _ _ <br />Toys:<br />1994 Sea-Doo XP w/ FPP

Comment

Actually, A Worx handling package, including a grate and sponsons, helps alot. $275.00 at WCM, 626 914 9509
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

try a worx intake grate. I had the same problem with my xp and after installing it, I stay connected pretty good.
              96xper

Comment

I wish there was an aftermarket rideplate for the GSXL hull. Like Bill O said, the GSXL hull is short and wide for the amount of power it has. In my opinion, a rideplate extension of some sort would help alot in the porpoising dept. But oftentimes, this would also scrub off top speed too. On my GSXL I have a Worx grate and BH sponsons. It still porpoises in light chop but does pretty well in the rough stuff and glassy water. My suggestion is to keep the trim neutral and hold on!!!!!

Matt

Comment

No Matt,
                  A rideplate extension will force the bow down into the water and the GSXL will swap directions at full speed, and that ain't a bit of fun....

Anyway, with your motor lying on my bench, that is the least of your worries right now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Still waiting for the approval from Western Contract.....
                  Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

Hi Bill,
                    I know you won't see this message till next week sometime, but I had no idea that the GSXL would swap directions with a rideplate extension. I was sorta drawing on my experiences of riding a 96 XP with the R&D rideplate extension and trim tabs. That ski was very predictable through the rough water, almost too easy to ride. However, a stock HX was able to beat this ski on the top end.

I'll probably see ya at the WF's. (fingers crossed that Western will come through!) :D

Matt

Comment

Actually the best way to keep it in the water is not to seize it like I did
                      [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
                      be good,
                      if you cant be good,
                      be carefull
                      buy a pram

Comment

Working...
                      X