Flame Arrestor in 92 SP (580 motor) Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Arrestor in 92 SP (580 motor) Question

I put a K&N filter and the instructions were to remove the flame arrestor. Now that I have done that, is that all I have to do or do I have to do more? TIA
    Red 03 GTX SC and Yellow 03 GTX SC

Take off everything down to the carburetors itself, and then put on the bracket, and on goes the flame arrestors. But make sure you get water socks for them or else you will risk ingestion of water into your motor and seizure.
    _ _ _ _ _ <br />Toys:<br />1994 Sea-Doo XP w/ FPP

Comment

Ok, the instruction said to toss the air silencer and the connecting tube and to attach the filter (also a flame arrestor) to the flame arrestor cover. Also said to take the flame arrestor and the isolator (gasket holding the flame arrestor) and toss it. It now goes from the filter/flame arrestor into the flame arrestor cover to the base which is hooked onto the carb.

What I heard was that if you remove the flame arrestor you have to reset the pop off. Anybody know what I am talking about?

Comment

Yes, if replacing the stock airbox with aftermarket ones you will need to get larger jets, and adjust your pop-off pressure accordingly. Either way you will definately need larger jets to compensate for the less restrictive aftermarket filters. Without changing the pop-off you will probably get hesitation since you will have a lean spot.

Comment

So what changes do you make to the pop off? TIA

Comment

You will need to lower pop-off pressure. I would *guess* to around 20 psi

Comment

Yes, it depends on the type of filter, try calling K&N and ask them for recommendations. You can raise or lower pop-off pressure by changing the N&S, or spring.

Comment

Working...
              X