1995 gts bombadier carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 gts bombadier carb

My ski runs fine until I get to 3/4 throttle or more then it acts like it has a rev limiter kicking in. How do I set the carbs????

If nobody ever messed with the adjusters, you should not need to adjust them. You may need to rebuild them though, or replace the mpem if it hits the rev limiter prematurely. Maybe your impellor, pump seal or wear ring is shot?
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I don't believe it is the wear ring, becuase I just got done replacing the jetpump and impeller with one that was off of a 1994 sp

Comment

Have you checked the fuel filter lately? May be a blockage in that limiting the amount of fuel getting through.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally Struntz:
          I don't believe it is the wear ring, becuase I just got done replacing the jetpump and impeller with one that was off of a 1994 sp
          You have the wrong impeller in there! It's allowing your engine to rev higher than stock. You'll have to change the impeller or install an aftermarket rev limiter.

Chester

Comment

I did check and clean out my fuel filter. My question now is what size impeller should be on my unit? The one Ifirst took off was a 12/20 I don't know what size the impellor was that came with my jetpump off the 94 sp. What do the different pitch impellers do? the bigger the 1st number the better? and what is the 2nd number? What size should I have on my unit? are there a couple different ones i can choose from? Need lots of help and input please.

Comment

You need another 20 degree pitched impellor. You probably put an 18 degree impellor in there.

Modern PWC impellors are "PROGRESSIVE PITCH". that means that the leading edges of the three blades are lower pitched than the trailing edges. Thus you have pitches like 12x20. 12 means that the impellor will bite the water and get you going like first gear in a car, then the higher number takes over giving you a higher gear ratio and more speed. If the second number is too low, the motor will rev out and bang the rev limiter before the ski has reached it's potential top speed. Sounds like this might be your problem, but an unsealed or poorly sealed pump or ride shoe will do the same thing, as it sucks air through the pump and does not allow the impellor to do it's job. It is commonly reffered to as "cavatation", but really is "areation" of the pump.
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
              X