951 installation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 installation question

I have almost finished reinstalling my 951 engine in my 99 xpl. I have a hose that is somewhat clear and brown colored and comes from under the gas tank. It looks like it may connect to the bottom of the carbuerator, and is not long enough to go anywhere else. Where might this go?

The other end of it goes straight out the back of the boat

Comment

It sounds like part of your bailer system. Checkout the microfiche at www.hlsm.com and see if you can locate it.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

would it go on the bottom of the engine?? I cant find it.

Comment

Thee is a plastic filter box ont he bottom of the hull that attaches to a plastic line to suck water out while moving. There is a complete cooling system schematic on the hlsm site.

Comment

The other likely line would be the cylinder exit line, which is a fitting right in the center of your cylinders on the right side.

Comment

Bingo, that is where it goes. Onto the clyinder drain brass fitting. If you cannot find it, start the mmotor with the garden hose connected for flushing, then look for the water leak out of the backside of the clyinders. Use a tye-wrap to secure the clear plastic hose to the fitting.
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

thank you very much...been looking everywhere

Comment

Working...
                X