Winterizing a 4 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing a 4 Stroke

I am wondering if any one can tell me when you winterize a 4 stroke SeaDoo , is it the same as any other ... pump oil , fogging, stabil, etc ... is there any extra steps ? or any that does not need to be done?
    Thanks for All the Help !<br />Blaine

Something will have to be done, the exhaust is still an open system, but I have not seen the Owner's Manuals or shop manual to say what the procedures are. It will not be that of a 2-stroke, that's for sure!

Comment

Id there any SBT forum readers that may own a 4-tec that could give a basic list on how to winterize from the manual ?
      Thanks for All the Help !<br />Blaine

Comment

Blaine:

As Bryan indicated, your owner's manual probably outlines the winterizing procedure in detail.

Im sure that all of the functions that you mentioned would have to be done. There are a few things you might want to consider when doing a four stroke, if they are not already covered by OEM procedure.

Change the oil regardless of how new it is. Used oil contains acidic agents that, when left to sit, can be corrosive to internal engine parts.
        Spray down the engine and other metal parts with a good rust inhibitor. Do the same for rubber components with silicone spray.

I believe the 4-Tec has a closed cooling system that contains anti-freeze so you probably won't have to drain and fill. Best to check the freeze point in relation to you winter temps.

Clean, wax, crack the seat and cover. That should do it. Don't forget the trailer, clean, lube the bearings, coupler, jack etc.

Comment

They recommend changing the oil and filter, but just before you need to run the engine about 10 seconds to pump the oil from the scavenge tank so you can suck it out. Use a tube that goes thru the dipstick hole and a vacume pump. Put tape 18.7" from the bottom of the tube so you'll know how far to put it in. I made a pump from a 5 gal plastic can with a hose that goes to a tube that will fit in the dip stick hole. Just put your shop vac hose in a large hole and it will suck the oil out.
          The 4Tech also uses jet pump grease pn 293550032 instead of oil.
          They recommend pulling the injectors and spraying in fogging oil and putting some in thru the spark plug holes. The injectors pull out after removing the fuel rail.
          Everything else is about the same. Some cooling system anti corrosion stuff (from an auto parts) will help the cooling system.
          I don't know a generic pn for the grease or filter, but would appreciate that info if anyone has it.
          All the above info is good also. I'll see if I can find it in a format I can forward to someone???

[ October 10, 2002, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Dick ]
          Dick Bell
          http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X