951 carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 carb rebuild

I recently completed install of an SBT 951 in a 97 GSX Limited. The boat had less than 20 hours on it so I did not do a carb rebuild. The motor ran fine with the exception that it would not idle below 3000 rpm. SBT recomended a carb rebuild. After receiving SBT kits I am in the process of rebuilding. I have the first carb completed and have 4 orings left over. I watched the carb rebuild video which makes no mention of any orings. Where do they go? Also on the forum you state that there are two internal filters in each carb. There is only one in the rebuild kit and only one shown on the video. Where is the second one and should it be cleaned or replaced? Also the video does not call for any gasket sealer or thread locker. Are sealer and thread lock recomended?

Only blue loctite is to be used on the external cover screws, nothing internal and not on the adjuster screws. No sealers are to be used. We did not say there are two filters per carb - there is only one. The o-rings are for each adjuster needle, the seat, and there are 1-2 large internal o-rings depending on the carb model.

Download the Carb Rebuild Guide in the Tech section - the video is more supplementary to that.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X