fuel usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel usage

i have a 92 GTX and was wondering about how much fuel it should use. We were out at one of the lakes here in Alberta and went across the lake to these sands. it used approx 1 tank of gas(guess about 25 litres) to go 60km in total across the lake. is this good or can i improve this at all? this was also at WOT so thats what im blaming it on, im just wondering if there is any way i can get better fuel milage. If not, then i will jut keep fillin her up until i can aford a newer more fuel eficient machine. Thnks. --->MAT

You could stretch the milage by about 25-30% if you backed off the throttle a bit and cruised it over there at 50% throttle setting.

Carbureatored watercraft get lousy milage, some worse than others. Yours falls in the middle of the group and has a rather small gast tank capacity compared to later models.

There really isn't much you can do about it, other than avoiding running at full throttle as much as possible.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
    X