VTS module repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTS module repair

Has anyone else ever opened a VTS module, I so far have a wiring diagram and a parts list for the box, I have managed to get mine apart without damaging the box, and only minor damage to the circut board, nothing that will stop it working.

What I want to know is, is there an easier way apart from picking out all the potting compound and unsoldering the back of the board to remove it, and then dig out the components still traped in the potting compound? Surely some one else must have done this previously?? :D

i took mive apart and i just picked at with a screw driver and cut the sides away with a grinder

Comment

have you seen THIS

Comment

Yeah I read that seadoo vts article, thats what got me started. And the fact that my VTS is starting to fail, so I figure not long till she blows completely.

You see I dont want to damage the board or the vts casing, I can get potting compound to re-seal it, and its a very simple circut to repair.

It just seems to be very difficult and time consuming getting the circut board up without damaging anything.

What part of your vts failed?

Mine is failing on the guage sending part.
        I've got another one that just keeps blowing the motor fuse.

Did you ever get it back together? What was wrong with it?

Comment

Working...
        X