xpl only revs to 6000 after doing tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xpl only revs to 6000 after doing tricks

have an 01 xp 951, bone stock. after getting it stand up in the water. it will bogg out and then it wont pull past 6000 rpm. It usually pulls to 6900 rpm. sometimes after a while of straight line riding it will finally rev out all the way. my old 99 never did this, I could stand it up and balance the throttle to get the ski to point straight up at the ski while feathering the throttle, this one just boggs out and dies. this weekend it never pulled past 6000, changed the plugs, still no full rev, any ideas?

Could be related to water flooding the resonator......
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

sorry Bill I dont know what or where the resonator is. Oh yeah checked the rave valves they move easily, but dont know if they are working or not since I cant check them with the hull closed. this weekend the ski never pulled the 6900 ever, only went 50 mph it sucked, the last time I got 6900 out of it, it fluctuated back and forth 6000 then 6900 then 6000. dont know, the dealer is no help. thanks.

Comment

Bill, tested compression,135 psi exactly on each cylinder, rave valves removed and they are clean, ran engine with a presure guage on the hose going to the rave valves, 5-7 psi, dont know where the resonator is located or how I would keep it dry, any suggestions? thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X