Help! 97 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! 97 XP

OK I've cleaned the carbs, RAVES, even took the head off and cleaned the cylinders. I'm gettig spark and fuel and alot of excess oil. It wants to start when plugs are dry but after only a couple of cranks the plugs get saturated with oil looks like I dipped them. Whats the deal. also seems to be out of time? Its coughing up out of the carbs with gray smoke. Only occasionally do i see smoke out the exhaust or hear the water tank bubble when trying to turn over. Any insite would be appreciated.

Most likely your brass gear has sheared, and ruptured your inner crank seals. If that's the case you at least need to pull the engine for a complete tear-down and cleaning, and a new crank + rotary shaft assembly. We have the complete engine for $799.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support:
      Most likely your brass gear has sheared, and ruptured your inner crank seals. If that's the case you at least need to pull the engine for a complete tear-down and cleaning, and a new crank + rotary shaft assembly. We have the complete engine for $799.
      -
      The doo was runnig fine untill i let a friend take it out. She turned it over and filled it with water. Since trying to clear it of water have i found this oil problem. I also might want to add that when the head was off I turned it over a couple of times and saw a trace of oil from around the rings. Could this just be a ring job? I'm not too sure what the brass gear is...also if its only seals why new crank and shaft assembly??

[ July 14, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: handler ]

Comment

Well then you just figured out why the brass gear sheared, hydro-lock. You probaly tried turning it over with the plugs still in before purging the water or she actually sucked in water while running, right?

The brass gear drives the rotary shaft assembly turning the rotary valve, driven off the center crank gear.

The seals are in the center of the crank, and it's only available as an assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support:
          Well then you just figured out why the brass gear sheared, hydro-lock. You probaly tried turning it over with the plugs still in before purging the water or she actually sucked in water while running, right?

The brass gear drives the rotary shaft assembly turning the rotary valve, driven off the center crank gear.

The seals are in the center of the crank, and it's only available as an assembly.
          So what all is needed? The shaft assembly and... Prices...total... Much appreciated

Comment

Click Products on the left, it's all in the catalog.

Comment

#21-107 What is this?

Comment

The end seals. I'm not lying to you.

Comment

Working...
                X