high and low speed screw adjusts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high and low speed screw adjusts

i have a stock 96 gsx and i was wonderin if i change the high n low speed setings can i get any speed increase they should be set at 1 1/4 for the low andd 0 for the high any suggests on a lil boost?

no, you wouldn't see any boost in power.

It may perform better though if your settings are off the way they are right now.

If you want more power, you need some mods.

Comment

wat would u suggest for under 300?

Comment

For under 300, not much you can do.

How much more power you looking for?

You may be able to rejett the carbs, but i'm not sure.

Bill O can help you out with that, he's the man when it comes to that

Comment

im inly 15 lol i dont make that much but wat exactly dus rejetting do for me? and can i do it myself?

[ July 15, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: 96gsxeric ]

Comment

If your mechanically inclined, yes.

It involves pullin the carbs off and putting different size jets in......."BUT" like i said, i'm not sure if that would give you a boost in power or speed alone, you may have to do other mods, like different head, pipe, prop, etc.etc........

When Bill O sees the post, he can help you out.

Comment

Do the heads and a Re-Jet .. should be in the $300ish area. It will give you a bit more juice.
              99 GSXL Mostly Stock

Comment

Heads have nothing to do with rejetting.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I SUGGEST MILLING THE HEAD, GETTING AFTERMARKET AIRFILTERS, GETTING RID OF THE CHOCKE PLATES AND INSTALLING A PRIMER KIT, AND MAYBE A 85/87 NOZZLE FROM R&D THAT WILL GIVE YA A LITTLE MORE TOP END, FOR ABOUT 370-380 YOU CAN HAVE THOSE MODS AND YOUR BOAT WILL PERFORM BETTER, THERE 1ARE ALSO TRICKS YOU CAN DO TO GET MORE BUT YOU WOULD NEED A MILLING MACHINE PS IF YOUR BOATS STOCK I WOULDN'T MESS WITH THE JETTING THE JETTING IN YOUR BOAT ARE SET UP FOR STOCK AND IF YOU LEAN THEM OUT YOU COULD BE BUYING YOURSELF A NEW MOTOR OR GOING THROUGH FOULED PLUGS LEFT AND RIGHT,

[ July 16, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: jetracer800 ]

Comment

kool whats this trick?can my mechanic can do it?

Comment

how much we talkin bout with all that work plus Labor??? and how much speed u think ? 5-7mph? im lookin for anything above 5

Comment

Then add on another grand for a pipe, water injection, impeller, carb work, etc.

For a few hundred bucks you can get better accelleration and a couple MPH top end, that's about it.

www.watercraftmagic.com can set you up in stages of mods as you want to pay for them.
                        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

is rossier a good company i was lookin at wat they have?

Comment

Yes, Call Rick at Rossier. Tell him Bill sent you.
                            Bill O'Neal WCM
                            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                            X