92 SP Battery Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 SP Battery Replacement

Battery question. Wal-Mart stocks a battery for 94 and newer, but lists none available for 93 and older. Dimensions for 94 battery would fit 92. Why can't I use 94 battery from Wal-Mart? What other aftermarket batteries are available? Thanks for any info. Davedubya

The early Sea Doo's with the electrical box on top of the battery used a 16LB, not a 16CLB.
    The electrical box will not fit back on top of the taller 16CLB. But if your Sea Doo has the electrical box mounted to the hull's inner liner next to the gas tank, you need the taller 16CLB.
    I think it was in 1991 that Sea Doo moved the electrical box in their runabouts to the bottom of the bedliner.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

You can use any 16CLB spec battery.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for battery info, I can go shopping now. Davedubya

Comment

the electric box can be moved over next to the oil tank pretty easy, then you can fit a standard battery. At least on my 90 the
          wires were all long enough to just move it.

Comment

Then make straps to hold down the battery and the electrical box..........
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I installed a battery tray/straps from a newer model, but you could pretty reasonably connect a tie strap to the original treaded holes I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
              X