Engine problems, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine problems, please help

Hello all. My 95 GTX started bogging down at WOT occasionally, had the dealer service and check out everything, next time out it ran great for about an hour, thought everything was cool, last weekend took the ski out, after 5 minutes it was hesitating again, rode around for another 10 minutes then the engine quit completely, got a tow into the dock, did a visual check, replaced the plugs with a different pair and it started up again, took her back out, ran well for one minute then very erratic performance, bogging/hesitating, etc. then dead again. I pulled the plugs, pressed the start button with one plug grounded against motor, no spark jumping across gap. Can anyone suggest what I should try here? Thanks.

The first thing you should have done was bring it back in and figure out why it was losing power, not run it more. If you have a fuel issue it only gets worse, and from the description, you seized it. Do a compression test and see where you're at.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

clip/tighten the spark plug caps on the spark plug wires, i had a similar issue a while ago and that fixed it. if it doesn't though, Do Not run it, figure out what the problem is before more damage is done
      98 GTX Ltd, 95 XP, 99 Mastercraft

Comment

You could be losing the MPEM.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X