No announcement yet.

92 xp debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the crank was twisted and I replaced it during the first rebuild. I ordered all parts for a '94 xp and received a crank with holes in it. How can I identify the head that is on the motor.

Comment

Just got all the parts out for inspection. I noticed that one of the ports in the cylinder is damaged. something got into there and busted out a piece of the port. It is one of the intake ports I do beleive. Could this be the root of my problems of over heating this cylinder (mag side if that matters)
      How can I economically fix this problem?

Comment

It certainly could. You would need to resleeve if it's just the sleeve damaged - otherwise you need a new cylinder.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

what would happen with a 657x head on a 657 motor?

Comment

The head geomotry would not match. They have different cylinder deck heights between the two.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

how can I determine for sure if it is a 657 or 657x. and are these the only two versons of the 657?

I drained my gas tank and seems as though there is about a third water in there would this cause one cylinder to seize?

Iam going nuts trying to fight this thing. Sure is turning into a hole i throw money into (would be OK if I got to enjoy it for a little)

Comment

Put all of the engine parts into a box and let SBT send you a new motor, you will be riding it within a week or two.
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I would if I did't already have so many [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img] new parts in thid motor.

Comment

Working...
                  X